Full Time - : Open until filled
Job Summary: Responsible for providing safe transportation to participants in a timely, competent manner and communicating important information relevant to the overall care plan to the interdisciplinary team.
Primary Responsibilities: Under limited supervision, and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations:
- Transports in a safe manner participants to and from the Day Center on each day they are scheduled to attend, in compliance with ND Department of Motor Vehicle licensing regulations and local statues.
- Provides physical assistance to each participant when needed and they board and disembarks from the program’s vehicles.
- Ensures that emergency medical information is available for those participants being transported.
- Maintains the first aid kit in the vehicle, replacing supplies as they are used or become outdated.
- Ensures that all passengers wear safety belts and wheelchairs are locked into position
- Maintains vehicle in neat and clean condition anticipating needed mechanical service so appointments can be arranges that are convenient to program operations. Keeps vehicle maintenance records current; coordinate and schedule routine episodic vehicle maintenance.
- Immediately reports to Site Manager any vehicle operating problems, malfunctions or incidents out of the ordinary routine.
- Maintains accurate daily records of number of trips, individuals transported, miles and gallons of gas. Complies all necessary information to meet reporting requirements.
- Transports participants to and from physician or other medical appointments, as requested by the Interdisciplinary Team via the care plan.
- Assists with program activities by transporting participants to an event, as coordinated by the activities director.
- Provides courier services for supplies, interoffice mail, etc.
- Knows and adheres to the philosophy of Northland PACE.
- Keeps confidentiality of participant records, reports and discussions.
- Participates in Northland PACE Committees as requested by Site Manager.
- Attends and participates in scheduled staff meeting and client care meetings as requested.
- Maintains flexibility in schedule and responds to unexpected emergencies and changes in workload in order to fulfill responsibilities.
- Informs Site Manager of “unusual occurrences.”
- Identifies service delivery problems and uses good judgment in their solution.
- Is professional in appearance and manner in the clinical area; recognizes own limits and seeks help and guidance from the Site Manager as appropriate.