Range of Services
The combination of services provided by Northland PACE is based on the needs of each participant. Additional services may be necessary to maintain and improve the health of the individual. Needs are assessed and determined by the Inter-Disciplinary Team (Care Team) working with you and your family.
- Primary Care
- Preventive Care
- In-Home Support & Care
- 24 hour contact with a Medical Professional
- Adult Day Center & Clinic
- Specialty Healthcare: Audiology, Dentistry, Optometry, Podiatry, Oncology, etc.
- Psychiatric & Counseling Services
- Dietary Services
- Nutritional Counseling and Meals when appropriate for the participant's medical needs
- Rehabilitation & Restorative Therapies: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Recreation Therapy
- Social Services
- Transportation to and from the PACE Day Center and medical appointments
- Hospitalization & Surgical Services
- Hospital Emergency & Nursing Home Care
- Durable Medical Equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen, diabetic supplies, etc)
- Chaplain availability
Continuum of Care
If a participant should require a higher level of care, whether it's long term or due to a short term acute illness, injury or for respite care, the Northland PACE Care Team will address the situation and work with the family and participant to collectively make the most appropriate choice. Adult foster care, basic care, and skilled nursing facilities are among our network providers for these situations, and the PACE Care Team will assist with the transition and continue to provide care management when our participants are receiving care within the network.
While it is the goal of Northland PACE to promote health for each participant for as long as possible, we also focus our efforts on providing our participants with exceptional end-of-life care. Our Care Team will work with participants, family members and clergy to honor final wishes and needs with integrity and compassion.
To be eligible to enroll in the Northland PACE program, you must be:
- At least 55 years old
- Living within an area served by Northland PACE
- In need of nursing facility level of care
- Able to live safely in the community
|If You Are:||Then:|
|Self-pay: Neither Medicare or Medicaid eligible||Participant pays the cost "out of pocket". (Ask our Intake Coordinator about this amount.)|
|Medicare eligible but not Medicaid Eligible||Participant pays for the Medicaid portion of the program|
|Medicaid eligible *||Medicaid pays for the program, minus any recipient liability. There may be a "spend-down" requirement before Medicaid will pay all expenses.|
|*Individuals eligible for Medicaid may have a monthly spend down amount based on financial criteria. Our Intake Coordinator may be able to provide more information on Medicaid or assist you in making contact with the appropriate County Social Services workers who will aid you in this process.|