Home Care Nurse
Full Time - : Open until filled
Job Summary: Responsible for all nursing services provided to participants in the home or day center per care plan.
Primary Responsibilities: The Home Care Nurse’s duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Completes nursing cares as scheduled in participants home and day center
- Assesses participants’ medical needs as related to nursing scope of practice
- Participates in preventative nursing care procedures as appropriate for the participants’ care and safety.
- Collaborates with provider for participant needs
- Triages and ensures assessments are completed on participants reporting any sudden illness or onset of illness at home.
- Maintains accurate records of all nursing services provided to participant in EMR
- Is flexible and able to adjust schedule to meet complex needs of participants.
- Provides coverage for On-Call as scheduled
- Collaborates with nursing and home care coordinator
- Assist with providing health teaching to participants with complex nursing needs
- Provides care to participants in a positive, nurturing, professional manner.
- Understands and follows Northland PACE Program policies and procedures.
Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: At least two years as staff nurse; home and/or community health preferred. One year’s experience with a frail or elderly population.
Licensure, registry or certification required: Current North Dakota nursing license. Current, valid North Dakota driver’s license.
Special Training: Must be able to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team. Must be able to communicate effectively. Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to adapt to change in a positive/professional manner. Must possess the ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations. Must meet standardized competencies for standards of medical care and established for position. Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases. Must have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct participant contact.
Physical Demands: Must be able to see, hear, and verbally communicate. Must be able to move about freely and possess manual dexterity and visual acuity.
Working Conditions: Primarily inside, well-lit, climate controlled environment; however, will require travel in various weather elements (rain, snow, cold, warm temperatures etc). Frequent travel for home visits. Must have reliable transportation. Potential exposure to infectious diseases and environmental hazards.