Facilities & Fleet Director
Full Time - : Open until filled
Apply online at www.northlandpace.com or email cover letter and resume to Amanda Erickson at email@example.com
Job Summary: The Facilities & Fleet Director manages and directs the operations of all the Northland Healthcare Alliance sites and is responsible for multiple departments.
Primary Responsibilities: The Facilities & Fleet Director’s duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for developing budgets and long-range facilities plans based on company growth and future needs.
- Monitors budgets and approves contracts.
- Oversees contractors involved in facility projects and delivery of services.
- Oversees the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing and waste management.
- Supports construction related activities including an advisory role in the development and implementation of the Master Facility Plan as required.
- Ensures building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations.
- Assures current records of all maintenance procedures are kept as required to meet all applicable codes and standards.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of continuous improvement initiatives that support operational and financial excellence.
- Responsible for the daily activities of the Environmental Services Department.
- Responsible for the Security, Safety and Emergency Preparedness of all Northland Healthcare Alliance Facilities.
- Responsible for assigned fleet of vehicles and drivers, including but not limited to effective management for optimum performance in the following areas:
- On-time pickup and delivery performance
- Out-of-route miles
- Hours of service compliance
- Driver availability
- Accommodation of special routing needs
- Cost control
- Daily accounting of all assigned vehicles and drivers and ensures that each driver has an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectations on each load at the point of dispatch and delivery.
- Provides up-to-date and accurate information to customer as necessary.
- Responsible for the management, training and development of fleet staff.
- Manages the operation and maintenance of the organization’s motor vehicles.
- Oversees DOT compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet.
- Develops and implements vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Manages fleet department budgets.
- Develops and maintains outside vendor and service provider relationships.
Preferred Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of management experience. Proficient with construction document reading (plans and specifications); working knowledge of codes, regulations and standards. Experience may substitute for education requirement.
Licensure, registry or certification required:
Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Must be able to see, hear, and verbally communicate. Must be able to move about freely and possess manual dexterity and visual acuity.
Primarily inside, well-lit, climate controlled environment. Potential exposure to infectious disease and environmental hazards. Occasional home visits.