Therapeutic Activities Center Manager
Full Time - : 03/31/2019
Apply on line at www.northlandpace.com or email cover letter and resume to Amanda Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: The Therapeutic Activities Center Manager plans and coordinates the PACE Program therapeutic recreational activities and manages the daily operations of the day center program.
Interdisciplinary team participation:
- Performs an initial, semi-annual, annual assessment, and unscheduled assessments for all participants.
- Develops and continuously oversees, monitors, evaluates, and updates the therapeutic recreation problems, measureable outcomes, goals, and interventions of each participant’s care plan.
- Carries out discipline specific interventions on the care plan that address the medical, functional, psychosocial, and cognitive needs of each participant.
- Appropriately documents all participant encounters by recording interactions, signing, and dating documentation in a timely manner.
- Engages in effective communications, interactive problem solving, and the exchange of information between team members.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary team and morning meetings.
- Participates in scheduled care planning meetings.
- Participates in initial, semi-annual and annual participant care conferences.
- Participates in required PACE staff meetings.
- Therapeutic and recreational activities management:
- Oversees the daily operations of the activities department.
- Develops and implements a wide range of activities tailored to the social, emotional, recreational, therapeutic, physical, etc. needs and limitations of frail, elderly persons.
- Plans and implements daily activity schedule, including, but not limited to: group, individual, recreational, therapeutic activities as well as activities both in and out of the center.
- Creates monthly activities calendars and distributes to participants
- Schedules outside entertainment and educational programs for participants as part of the therapeutic recreation program.
- Advises and directs activities aids of care plans and participant updates as needed.
- Carriers out (individually or with the support of designated CNAs) scheduled activities in the day center.
- Involves of participants in recreational programming as appropriate.
- Ensures daily documentation of service delivery for activities in the electronic medical record.
- Adheres to department budget parameters and keeps records of expenditures for activity supplies and equipment.
- Participates in annual budget planning.
- Day center management:
- Oversees the daily operations of the day center.
- Oversees the CNAs assigned to the day center.
- Gathers participant preferences around day center attendance.
- Ensures daily documentation of service delivery for day center attendance in the electronic medical record.
- Maintains a welcoming, clean, tidy, and safe environment for participants.
- Ensures that participant’s location is known while at the day center by enforcing check-in and –out protocols.
- Ensures that day the center code of conduct is followed by participants and staff in the day center.
- Performs the orientation of new participants to the day center.
- Adheres to department budget parameters and keeps records of expenditures for the day center program.
- Participates in annual budget planning.
- Day center meal service oversite (in the absence of an on-site registered dietitian or nutritionist)
- Collaborates with the registered dietitian (Bismarck) to oversee the daily operations of the kitchen within the day center.
- Collaborates with the registered dietitian (Bismarck) to carry out daily snack and meal service in the day center.
- Attends Serve Safe Food Handler and implements best practices and ensures they are followed by CNAs and any other staff engaged in food handling.
- Ensures daily documentation of service delivery for meal service in the electronic medical record or intake as directed by the plan of care.
- Oversees CNAs providing and/or assists with daily snack and meal service.
- Orders daily meals on wheels for participants attending the day center.
- Ensures that kitchen area remains clean and tidy.
- Ensures daily kitchen temperature logs are completed are completed per policy.
- Ensures daily food temperatures are completed per policy.
- Ensures that food storage (i.e. left-overs) is completed per policy.
- In collaboration with the registered dietitian (Bismarck), adheres to department budget parameters and keeps records of expenditures for the dietary program.
- In collaboration with the registered dietitian (Bismarck), participates in annual budget planning.
- Training and competencies provision:
- Performs training and supervises CNAs performing activities within the day center.
- Performs initial and annual activity competencies for CNAs or other staff conducting activities.
- Provides general instructions and education regarding principles of activity/recreational therapy to staff members as needed.
- In collaboration with the Registered Dietitian (Bismarck), performs training and supervises CNAs performing food handling/meal service within the day center.
- In collaboration with the Registered Dietitian (Bismarck), performs initial and annual food handling/meal service competencies for CNAs or other staff conducting food handling/meal service.
- Provides general instructions and education regarding Serve Safe food handling to staff members as needed.
- Volunteer management:
- In collaboration with the Site Manager, screens and selects volunteers.
- Oversees the orientation of volunteers.
- Supervises volunteers.
- Records volunteer hours and provides reports as needed to Site Manger.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy or allied field.
At least 2 years in an adult social or recreational program
One year with frail or elderly population
Number and type of employees supervised:
Licensure, registry or certification required:
Valid North Dakota License
Must be able to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team. Must be able to communicate effectively. Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to adapt to change in a positive and professional manner. Must meet standardized competencies established for position. Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases. Must have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct participant contact.
Must be able to see, hear, and verbally communicate. Must be able to move about freely and possess manual dexterity and visual acuity.
Primarily inside, well-lit, climate controlled environment. Potential exposure to infectious disease and environmental hazards. Occasional home visits.